Author Topic: Paul's crimes of murder  (Read 1868 times)

admin

• Administrator
  • Truth Seeker!
    • View Profile
    • Problems With Apostle Paul
Paul's crimes of murder
« on: August 22, 2015, 07:35:43 PM »
Here Paul confesses his crimes of murder: Acts 22:4 I persecuted the followers of this Way to their death..

JWODoug

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Paul's crimes of murder
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 02:05:03 PM »
So doesn't this prove Paul lied to the Sanhedrin in Acts 23:1?  Paul says -- here are 3 similar versions:

And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day. (King James).

Paul looked straight at the Council and said, "Brothers, with a clear conscience I have done my duty before God up to this very day." (International Standard).

And Paul, looking intently at the Council, said, “Brethren, I have lived my life with a perfectly good conscience before God up to this day.” (New American Standard, 1977)

Paul is saying to the Sanhedrin, as many Pharisees believed, that they never did any wrong, and they lived sinlessly. But how could Paul believe that when he was involved in murders, and confessed he forced people to blaspheme?

« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 02:06:39 PM by JWODoug »

admin

• Administrator
  • Truth Seeker!
    • View Profile
    • Problems With Apostle Paul
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 11:04:19 AM »
Exactly, Paul is NEVER repentant of his crimes or his sin.  Truthfully, I think Paul should have been prosecuted for his crimes.  Yet, today our society holds him up as a Saint and Apostle!  This is a crime against Humanity in of itself. To me, it would be like having a pedophile teaching your youth groups.  Come on Church wake up!  Paul, is a liar, thief, and a murderer. More than anything he has lead a great multitude away from Christ and to himself.  Hmmmmm? 

1Disciple

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 07:25:15 AM »
After realizing the errors of Paul it just shows me how easily anyone can be deceived - having been taught half-truths all my life, I believed following the instructions of Paul were the instructions of God - after all, Paul said so!!! over and over - he knew more than Jesus himself!  And isn't Paul even the source of the whole "Church/State" system?  After all, he said to honor Rome as the appointed authority of God - do what the government says and ignore God?

Look at all the Churches bowing to the theme of "love" as defined by Paul - believe anything - especially the government!  Recently we went by Independence Missouri for a convention and we stopped by the "Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" Temple and museum.  Recently their "Prophet" received revelation that homosexual marriage was now OK, and the root of this stemmed from the government approval of the practice...

So if the principle of abiding in the word of God and Christ is not the basis of our manner of life and hope - there is no telling what people can be made to believe in time.  It's more understandable how people can also think that blowing themselves or their children up with suicide bombs is practiced by deluded souls who have no knowledge of the grace and truth of God, or that their lives should reflect the reasons God said He loved Abraham, or the manner of life that Abraham commanded of his children and household.

Jesus taught the necessity of discipleship, and curiously, so did even Abraham make disciples of his seed and his household - although the passage specific to the "disciples" is that he armed them, the principle is still shown to be necessary, to be taught what God says is true, just, righteous, and showing mercy... to teach the blessings of God go along with those who love Him and keep His instructions.