Author Topic: One Disciple to Another by Richard Epler  (Read 1825 times)

JWODoug

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
One Disciple to Another by Richard Epler
« on: August 21, 2015, 08:53:08 PM »
I just started reading Epler's new book - One Disciple to Another. It is focused upon our following the words and teachings of only Jesus / Yahshua. As Messiah incorporates the Law, Epler points out that nothing changed in substance to the Law. Jesus / Yahshua simply brought to light the truth that was already God's truth. Epler a few times directs us obliquely not to listen to Paul, and instead focus upon Jesus / Yahshua. I am through about page 24-25. Epler interprets Jesus / Yahshua to teach the Gospel I similarly found in my book Jesus' Words on Salvation. This is a winsome and engrossing book. I so far see only good in it.

admin

• Administrator
  • Truth Seeker!
    • View Profile
    • Problems With Apostle Paul
Re: One Disciple to Another by Richard Epler
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:50:46 PM »
I can't wait to get my hand on a copy.

1Disciple

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 07:02:20 AM »
Good to be back among friends of truth!!!  I've been on a few sites trying to spread the good word and learned a few valuable lessons - and a few profound truths along the way as well.  As I asked one group who claimed the Name, but rejected His word:  For what commandment of God do you reject His Laws?  Didn't Jesus say that his disciples will honor and keep even the least of the commandments?  (which according to the Jews, the "least" commandment is the "law of the birds nest":-)

None of us may be perfect, but where did God ever say man had to be perfect or go to hell?  From the beginning, He has said what is good, as well as that which we should not do.  As noted to Doug recently, the Hebrew to English of Genesis 4:6-8;  "And HASHEM said to Cain, "Why are you annoyed, and why has your countenance fallen?  Surely, if you improve yourself, you will be forgiven.  But if you do not improve yourself, sin rests at the door.  Its desire is toward you, yet you can conquer it."

God has shown us what is good - the final testimony of which is the life and teachings of Jesus to show the fullness of the grace and truth of God towards men of all nations.

learningmom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 10:37:52 PM »
What were your thoughts of the book after u finished it?