Author Topic: Missing Books of the Bible  (Read 1160 times)

Kay

• View Profile
Missing Books of the Bible
« on: March 17, 2016, 01:01:28 AM »
I wasn't sure if I should post this topic here or in the New Testament section, but this applies to both.

There are seventeen books mentioned in the Bible that are not included:
1. Book of the Covenant- cited in Exodus 24:7
2. Book of the Wars of the Lord- cited in Numbers 21:14
3. Book of Jasher- cited in Joshua 10:13 and 2 Samuel 1:18
4. The Manner of the Kingdom/Book of Statutes- cited in 1 Samuel 10:25
5. Book of Samuel the Seer- cited in 1 Chronicles 29:29
6. Book of Nathan the Prophet- cited in 1 Chronicles 29:29 and 2 Chronicles 9:29
7. Acts of Solomon- cited in 1 Kings 11:41
8. Book of Shemaiah the Prophet- cited in 2 Chronicles 12:15
9. Prophecy of Ahijah- cited in 2 Chronicles 9:29
10. Story of Prophet Iddo- cited in 2 Chronicles 13:22
11. Visions of Iddo the Seer- cited 2 Chronicles 9:29
12. Book of Iddo- cited in 2 Chronicles 12:15
13. Book of Jehu- cited in 2 Chronicles 20:34
14. Sayings of the Seers- cited in 2 Chronicles 33:19
15. Book of Gad the Seer- cited in 1 Chronicles 29:29
16. Acts of Uzziah- cited in 2 Chronicles 26:22
17. The Annals of King David- cited in 1 Chronicles 27:24

Some reasons for them not being in the Bible are as follows:
1. They were not referenced by Jesus*
2. They lack prophetic authorship
3. They did not claim to be the Word of God
4. They have historical inaccuracies

All of the above reasons are hearsay at this point. When the Bible was being put together, who did God speak to and say not to include these books? There was deceit during Jesus's* time, and there was certainly deceit after the crucifixion. Therefore, how can anyone say (especially almost 2,000 years later) that Jesus* never referenced these books? Who said they lack prophetic authorship, and who did God give the authority to make these claims? If the books weren't included due to historical inaccuracies, then why was the Book of Matthew allowed to be put in when the genealogy lists Jeconiah and omits generations (see my post about Matthew and Luke genealogies)? If the missing books listed above are not included for any of the reasons previously mentioned, then why do books that meet the requirements for being included cite these "inaccurate/unprophetic" books"? If the truth is being told about these books, and there's nothing to hide, why not let the public see them? And don't believe that all these books are truly lost. The Vatican has roughly two million printed books in its library. It wouldn't surprise me if the Catholic Church was hiding them.

(If you're wondering why there are asterisks next to Jesus's name, read my post about the Matthew and Luke genealogies.)

1Disciple

Re: Missing Books of the Bible
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 06:47:19 AM »
Have you ever considered getting a copy of the Jewish Scriptures?  We no longer have to rely on the Greek translation - and I've found not a few contradictions between the Greek, our English translations, and the Hebrew texts translated by the Jewish scholars.  It appears that Paul centered much of his comments on mistranslation weaknesses and errors of the Greek - rather than showing any understanding of the Word of God or the Everlasting Covenant.  I'm still working on this though.

The matter is that we have the Torah - the books of Moses.  We also have even more.  The matter seems to reside in something that is denied by the Jews and disbelieved by most Christians - that God clearly gave the Law to both the Jews and the Gentiles at the same time - and all agreed to observe His commandments as their part of what God called "My Covenant".  So the Exodus 24 passage should be to believe God and do His good will - which is to know good from evil, and secular from Holy, and that we grow in our knowledge and application of His words of life.  The rest of the Law distinguishes much, but it was built on what came before - especially the words of God given before the Law.  This fits well with the teaching of Jesus that we live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.  He also taught the time to be coming, and surely now is, that the Temple is not the object of our worship to God - but that our life in seeking to do His good will in spirit and truth - to be found within the manner of life He said to live, that we be light and salt on our sojourn through life.